Old Apr 1, 02, 3:41 pm
mauld

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I couldn't agree with you more! I just checked out of this hotel where I was staying on a reduced but guaranteed harbor view rate. As a Diamond, I was upgraded to the 'keyed' 25th floor with full lounge access. Yes, the room was on the smallish size, but (to my taste) beautifully furnished in a modern/Park Hyatt type decor. The view from my room took in both Hong Kong as well as Victoria Harbor and over to Kowloon. I was able to check in very early (9:15am) and the staff couldn't have been nicer. The only 'beef' I have is about the Hyatt Diamond amenity. There was none in my room and when I called down to ask, I was told that the 2 pieces of fruit (which had been there for however long--I don't know) were the amenity. Upon checking out the desk agent suggested I take their car service to the airport (HK$120)-- as I had a return on the Airport Express I declined, but in actuality it would have been just about the same amount (train HK$100 + 16 cab fare to station). So next time I will take his suggestion. I must also comment on the wonderful Club/Lounge--the food for both breakfast and cocktails was fantastic! Far beyond the usual cheese, crackers and 'hot' hors d'ouerves usually found