FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel and Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 11, 2002, 9:34 am
Loderunner777

I've stayed at the Hyatt in Monterey twice, and both experiences were bad. On the last visit, there was major construction work on the roads on the grounds -- lots of bulldozers and other heavy trucks. It was very noisy and dusty, and probably not safe for guests to drive around these vehicles. The Hyatt did not warn me prior to my arrival that there would be so much noise.

When I called the front desk, they were completely disinterested. The next morning, I was able to move to a different room away from the outside construction. Unfortunately, the rooms down the hall were being renovated, so it was still noisy.

When I went to the front desk to complain, there was already a line of other guests doing the exact same thing. The front desk clerks were unhelpful and borderline rude.

The rooms were also very worn, tired, and motel-like. The carpets were stained and threadbare. The bed sheets also had stains. There were also a few insects.

When I called the Hyatt Corp. to complain, they told me they get lots of complaints about this property.

I've stayed at many other Hyatts before, and generally have very good things to say about them. This one, however, is the pits. Avoid it if you can.

The Marriott and Monterey Plaza hotels are much better. If you want to splurge, stay at the Carmel Valley Ranch resort.

[This message has been edited by Loderunner777 (edited 01-11-2002).]