Old Feb 21, 01, 9:11 am
speedbird001

Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

This used to be one of my favorite hotels. A great place to go skiing but I just spent this past weekend in a $540 per night, tiny room without a view. The service was awful, the employees inexperienced and inflexible. The concierge actually told me that the hotel no longer had valet laundry service and that guests had to use the laundromat in the basement (not true). I asked for an extra blanket for my king bed and they brought a mattress pad for a twin bed. The hotel is not properly soundproofed and you could hear doors slamming, children screaming and TV's blasting, all night. The light bulbs are those energy saving florescent type that does not provide adequate light. The room furnishings are in dire need of replacement. It took a call to the manager to get them to change their phone system to identify me by my proper name. There were many items on the final bill that were not mine. The only item sold in the mini bar are small bottles of water at $3.50 each. What a dump! What a shame!? Anyone had similar experiences at this property?

------------------
speedbird001