FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FT Exclusive: *LIVE* BA001 LCY-JFK Trip Report 30 Sept 09
Old Sep 29, 2009, 7:13 am
continentalclub

Just so you know....

Before I start posting though, I think it’s imperative that I mention a couple of things and answer a couple of questions before you wily and incisive FTers quite justifiably ask them.

Firstly, I’ll try as much as possible to describe the service objectively in my posts. When I make more subjective comment, it will be my own personal opinion and I’ll try to remember to flag it as such.

Secondly, I’m paying for all the parts of the trip myself, other than the flight LCY-JFK and back. As part of my professional life, I look after a number of people for whom the new service could be of immense interest and of both personal and professional value. BA is interested in my views and they will receive them in full. They have invited me on board and now know of the existence of this thread. They’ll not be paying for the web access on board!

Thirdly, I am personally and professionally broadly well-disposed towards the airline, but they (and many of you) will know that I have been clear in my criticism of and concerns regarding various aspects of their service and product from time to time. I post that criticism (and praise, where due) here, elsewhere and communicate it directly through any other relevant official channels. This year, I’ve flown with EZ, BD, SQ, NZ, LX, QF and US on multiple occasions, quite apart from BA. LX F was, in particular, a real highlight. Please feel free to have a look at my blog (my signature is the link) if you want further background on some of those flights and my thoughts on them.

Lastly, I should tell you that I am so excited that I could almost wee, so I’ll hand over to you now and say ‘bring on the questions’!