FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there an airline where I can buy a seat for my dog to sit next to me?
Old Sep 28, 2009, 10:05 pm
tcl

Location: In a hotel somewhere trying to repack everything I brought (and bought) in to a carry-on smaller than my last one.
Programs: UA, Asia Miles, Southwest, IHG
Question Is there an airline where I can buy a seat for my dog to sit next to me?

I was just wondering, is there an airline or charter where I can buy a seat for my dog to sit next to me? She is a bit too big to go under the seat in a bag. (I already know about Pet Airways but it is for pets only)

I am looking for smaller regularly scheduled charters not usually found via the Expedia & such. Routes will probably be US-Canada, Boston-SF and maybe even NY-FL or NY-Paris.

A while back I did some "googling" and found a site that turned out to be a "rent an entire aircraft all to yourself" rather than a search of regular charters I thought it was. (They advertised NY-London-Singapore so I clicked on it out of morbid curiosity) Turns out that I could rent a 747 through them! Wasn't sure if the price came with a pilot though

Also looked into alternate methods of travel including a transatlantic cruise crossing, but all I've been able to find are cruises where she has to be restricted to the pet deck and the pet boarding area for the entire journey and not allowed in my cabin

Even Amtrak doesn't allow your pet to be in your own private cabin on any route even cross country routes.

Just trying to find an alternative to driving and looking into the possibility of flying with her in-cabin.

After all it wasn't that long ago that Steinbeck flew F with his Standard poodle Charlie and dogs were allowed on transatlantic cruises.

Last edited by tcl; Sep 29, 2009 at 2:13 pm Reason: clarification of a very badly written original post :p