FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New DL Double or Triple QM Promo in the works? AA fires first shot
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:14 am
thepla
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
From previous post..

If AA gave a status match to EXP from DM AA would get so many DM's it would not even be funny. If they gave free upgrades for their middle tier and lowest tiers than DL would be looking at liquidation.

With a thread here about 30 or more people on upgrade list I'm not even sure the future for FO and maybe even GM would make any sense. Other than some routing requirements free upgrades is the only real benefit. Awards are horrible, top tier SWU's are horrible, etc. Heck, I just got an offer to upgrade my DL card to nest one and up to 40,000 MQM.

I remember in 1996 when I first made Gold (lowest tier on AA) how excited I was. Now DL give it away and sure a first time FO is excited, but they are going to find out with DL it is not so special. Everyone has it and DL does not even give faster security for most locations.

The good thing for DL AA is not going to comp EXP or give free upgrades for lower tiers.