FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whether to use NW ff# or DL ff# on NW flight (Silver Both, Reserve on Delta)
Old Sep 22, 2009, 12:18 pm
frege5

Programs: AA CK
Whether to use NW ff# or DL ff# on NW flight (Silver Both, Reserve on Delta)

I have a mixed DL/NW multi day, multi city itinerary over the next week starting Friday.

My PHX to BWI (via MSP) flight on Friday shows some F availability after Gold EUA.

Here is my question: will it advantage me in any way to use my delta ff# instead of my nw ff# on the nw flights given that I am silver on both BUT also Delta Reserve. I assume that the Delta Reserve go-the-the-front-of-the-silver-line-per-fare-bucket thing does not apply to NW operated flights, but I wanted to see if that had changed recently.

My intuition is that it is better use the Silver NW ff# rather than the silver Delta ff#, but I wanted to check that intuition.

I only have myself to blame for this, but I am silver on both NW and Delta, but add them together and I am plat. When I started not caring whether the miles were in my DL or NW account, I didn't think I would qualify for Gold prior to the merge, let along Plat. God bless all the bonus EQMs and goverment travel on M fares during the 2x/3x promotion...