FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HNL Thrifty Experience
View Single Post
Old Sep 20, 2009, 4:27 pm
JW74

Originally Posted by jackal
Sorry, I fail to see what the problems are.

Appreciate the report, but other than the return signage being poor (and this may be out of Thrifty's hands, too, and in the responsibility of the airport authority or the state of Hawaii), I see nothing that Thrifty did to deserve a .
the thrifty in HNL is located off airport away from the other rental locations, next door to a honda motorcycle dealership. really, its a tough place to find. its practically underneath the freeway.

And its my experience that Thrifty, Dollar, Alamo, and budget at HNL (throughout Hawaii) haven't been the greatest to clean their cars. I once requested and got a chrysler 300 touring edition from thrifty that I needed to shuttle around some clients in and I ended up geting it detailed on my own before I picked up the clients. There was sand everywhere. The car only had 2400 miles on it when I got it, and fingerprints on all mirrors and an ice cream stain on the headliner. I wouldn't have minded if I was upgraded to it since i would have gotten more car than I paid for, but I paid full rate for the damn thing. And be assured, i complained and got a nonchalant attitude and a "we don't have any other 300 cars available" response. Its been a while since ive used thrifty anywhere.