FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GRU RCC has the worst club facilities on the planet
Old Sep 19, 2009, 9:37 pm
catocony

Programs: UA Life Gold, Marriott Life Titanium
Well, the brasileros and resident expats down there are defending the club to no end, it must just be me then. If I could post some of the photos I took from last week, I would. Of the 40 or so times I've used the club, the only really bad experiences have been having to move around when it rains to avoid the drips and puddles. I definitely did not have to leave a present in the handicap toilet a few weeks ago due to no water to flush, and it definitely wasn't the same present in the same toilet when I came back through a week later. A present of equal or lesser value, to be sure. And I haven't twice - out of about 10 times I've flown in on F or C or back in the day when they didn't care - been unable to take a shower because the hot water was out in the club.

And no, no real bad experiences there, beyond the usual GRU non-sense that occurs on a daily basis. As far as waiting on the renovations, every time I've asked over the last six years, the answer has always been "soon". As most things in Brasil, soon is measured in different terms than the rest of the planet. "Order and Progress (Just Not Right Now or Tomorrow But Maybe Next Week)".

Don't worry guys, I've spent 1.5-2.0 months per year in Brasil each of the last 7 years, and I'm very well aware of the cultural differences and the differences in standards. While I refuse to eat a sandwich with a napkin, I will not drink directly from a bottle or can and will use a straw instead. The club is better than sitting out in the gates, but when you're paying a lot more now for a membership, my bar is set maybe a bit higher than in the past.