FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Platinum Medallion International Checked Bag Allowance
Old Sep 19, 2009, 5:20 pm
flyer89

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dollerman73
I just spoke to a delta phone agent who told me the free allowance for Platinum medallions is 3 bags up to 70lbs each. I know this used to be the policy back before they started adding the insane baggage fees, can any FT'ers confirm that it is still 3 free up to 70lbs each. The CSR at Delta I spoke with didn't seem certain, and I don't want any surprises when I arrive at the airport tonight.

In a perfect world I would NEVER check any bag onto ANY airline, but sometimes it's unavoidable and this is one of those times...

Did you said tonight? What you can do is: try to check in at home. It will show how many bags you are allow to check in.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
The website said 50lbs but the FAQs page show 70lbs. I was confused when I looked at that previously last month for my international travel (08/27 MAD-JFK). My bag was more than 50lbs, and the GA informed me that it's overweight. All I have to tell her is that "Elite travel on international flight allow 2 baggages at 70lbs." A couple clicks and I was on my way (probably look up my status).

So try and check in, it should how many bags you're allowed.