FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Question on Delta mileage accrual with KLM
Old Sep 19, 2009, 12:18 pm
uptownnow

Programs: DL Plat, TK Gold
Good point redtailshark

"ATL -centric"

I hadn't thought about it that way, redtailshark, but, you're right, that's exactly what it is.

Take this new Diamond level. I live in NYC, travel constantly internationally, but rarely travel domestically. As far as I can tell, the Diamond level will give me nothing more than 25% more miles, which is not that attractive. The domestic lounge access is meaningless to flyers like me, and I'm sure they realize this -- almost no one who travels only domestically, and could benefit from this, could reach the Diamond level. So I will deliberately not credit a couple trips at the end of this year so that I avoid making Diamond and can instead roll over the EQM to next year and easily get Elite+ through 2011 even if I switch to *A.

What I'm interested in -- and I suspect a lot of frequent int'l travelers are with me here -- is three things: upgrades, lounge access, and quality of the in-flight experience. DL gets a big F on two of those three.