FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SYD Upgrade Chances - LAX or SFO? [Merged]
Old Sep 17, 2009, 12:19 pm
boulderflyer21

Programs: UA 1K
Wine Country UA - Thanks so much for your help!!

I'm a relative newbie to all this stuff and would love it if you could clarify to me exactly what you mean by this paragraph?

Do you mean that If two us are on the same PNR and I am a 1K and my companion is a Premier, then my status doesn't move us up on the list?

I'm a little confused and would love to NOT have to make a separate ticket DEN-LAX or DEN-SFO or even worse DEN-SFO (pick up my companion) and then SF0-LAX-SYD-LAX-SFO-DEN.

Your information is very helpful and I thank all of you! (As do most of my friends who love all the advice on here)

Kevin

Originally Posted by WineCountryUA

If a reason for being on same PNR is to transfer your status for upgrade priority, your companion upgrade priority will be fine, 1 or 2 PNRs -- everyone using SWUs goes on the PA list regardless of status before DM, and every one is handle after DM based on their individual status. The status of other folks on the PNR has no impact.

Now their are other reasons for being on same PNR -- irops, waiver of luggage fees, .. but upgrades does not appear to be one.