FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Tokyo Narita Airport {JPN}
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2004, 3:14 pm
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Hilton Narita New Tokyo International Airport - that's a mouthful!

BTW, "panoramic" is not a word I would actually associate with this property. You see the highways, airport, industrial space and a bit of countryside . Service, "hai," absolutely!

The hotel's breakfast is probably OFFICIALLY Continental (so the agents can not tell you anything else, part of a culture with plenty of hierarchy and low tolerance for directness, IMO,) but my recent stopover was similar to others' here, where they stated the "Continental" coupon was good for anything in the breakfast buffet.

You can take the shuttle into town and wander - and eat too. The Naritasan Shinshoji Temple seems to be popular; there's a shopping centre, I don't know about the Narita Tourist Pavilion. (I do now - see my later post in this thread, after another visit.)

One can do some touring at nearby Sakura (about a quarter-hour from Keisei Narita station to Keisei Sakura station by train), including Makata shrine, Tsukamoto sword museum and samurai house, Sakura castle and grounds. A little train and bus, lots of walking options. Visit the Sakura tour pages.

Japan is at its best, IMO, in Spring and Fall. Fabulous floral displays, and Fall in places like Nikko and Lake Chuzenji, make New England a tad pale by comparison.

BTW, how are you getting 70k miles, if you don't mind the question? Nice score!

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by LLZ:
Thanks for all this info folks. I feel much better about booking this for a MR and will be there in two weeks.

I actually called the hotel, since Hilton had NO EMAIL for this property to find out about breakfast. I was told, quite politely as you can imagine, that it was for Continental only. So, I was slightly disappointed until I read this thread.

The agent that booked the room for me on the 800-HILTONS number did give me a larger twin room that specifically stated panoramic views's on the upper floors so I'm happily anticipating the service there having read this thread and being a Gold evidently helps too.

Any suggestions on what to do see/do for one afternoon in NRT? I have the evening that I arrive which is pretty much dinner (if I'm even hungry), crash, the next day is a "visit Narita" day, spend 2nd night, then up for breakfast and head out to airport for 1:00 p.m. departure!

Short, sweet, and 70K AA miles!
</font>

[This message has been edited by JDiver (edited Mar 13, 2004).]

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 29, 2004 at 12:25 pm Reason: clean up