FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HNL Thrifty Experience
View Single Post
Old Sep 16, 2009, 8:11 pm
beckoa
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by miles_navigator
The signs for the rental car return at HNL for Thrifty at almost non existent so please gave GPS with their address. I flagged down the Entperise van driver and asked him.

The cake was they charged me more for returning the car 1 hour 10 mins earlier than the expected return time. The computer changed my rental to a daily rate for a higher total than the weekly rental rate. The manager tried to explain this is better (for Thirfy yes but it is not thirfty for me). To make up for my experience he gave me two (2) 10% vouchers after he manually corrected the charge. Gee thanks, when I can get these discounts online.
It is an interesting location to get to right below (well... to the side) of the interstate... but doable... A GPS is very helpful, but still need to follow various signage... we were heading from wikiki a month ago, and basically drove towards the airport until we saw the sign (which matched up with the gps) and made the weird U turn and switched into the side road and into Thrifty...

We ended up with a PT Cruiser when renting there in August - had reserved a compact. It worked out well for us... they offered an upgrade to a Jeep for $20 or so a day... but didn't need it (just overnighting)

I'll leave the policy of modifying the rate to another poster...