Old Sep 15, 09, 11:27 pm
stephem

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
AF is one of the airlines with full visibility to ExpertFlyer. Just checking one week, one sees 2 seats in J SEA-CDG 9/27/09. No anecdotes needed.
3Cforme-- OK, so you found 2 seats for one day, on expertflyer. The only problem is that you can't book flights on EF. I'm not sure if you just cherry picked the one day where EF purports to show some AF availability, but according to the only 2 places I know where you can book WP awards, NW.com and the NW reservations line, there aren't any seats available in the front cabin of the AF SEA-CDG flight on Sept 27, nor the entire month of October, nor the entire month of November. That is a huge change from the way things used to be. Again, these flights are sparsely populated and I was able to find a paid ticket for around $3k for me, in the past I would have had no problem finding an award seat for my wife. I'm not trying to sound alarmist, just recounting that I have flown these routes a lot and the AF availability sucks compared to years past, and this is a really recent phenomenon.

Erasmus-- I used to agree with you, AF used to be amazing all months for CDG to India, but at least for the 4 months I was looking for 2 tickets things were bleak. For *A, I tend to find really good luck with the MUC-DEL and MUC-BOM flights (there is almost always an F seat on these) for north India and the FRA-MAA flight for the south. Indeed that is likely what we are going to use for these next two trips.