FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First 747-400 leaves for desert
View Single Post
Old Sep 15, 2009, 10:26 am
itsmeitisss

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by r22r44bell47
OK, so we (and I include myself in this) are all getting very weepy over the thought of our beloved 747-400s ending their days in the dessert (no doubt with scorpions ) and knashing our collective teeth at the thought of having to travel in the Devil's own transport (aka 777s), but would anyone out there actually jump airline and move over to Beardyair, Singapore, Cathay, Qantas etc to avoid the 777?? Surely that's all BA really care about (and probably rightly too from a shareholder point of view). While I might juggle routes (SYD via BKK rather than SIN) to avoid the 777, would I regularly use VS or ANA or JAL to NRT... I doubt it. Nor would I risk slippy slidey slopey seats on a QF 747.... so is anyone really planning on jumping ship over the loss of the lovely 747s and their upper decks....
I have done a few flights recently with JAL to NRT and it was a 777 on each occasion. Most of their 747 have the old VOD on them so you are better off with 777 anyway. BA still have the best business class product out of all these airlines though as you get far less space on the JAL/QF/IB planes