FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - banners too large and slowish acting site this morning
Old Sep 14, 2009, 7:17 am
goalie
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
fwiw, i was using safari on osx 10.5.8 with ....... plus and had no problems until i upgraded to snow leopard (osx 10.6 & then 10.6.1) when everything started becoming very very slow with some pages not loading.

after having a major bald moment i realized i was seeing ads (and more often than not, the big disney ad at the top of the page), i checked my safai preferences and lo and behold, ....... plus had been removed during my snow leopard installation.

....... plus will only run (for now until it is updated) under safari in 32 bit mode so quit safari, do a "get info" on it, check the "open in 32 bit mode" box, re-install ....... plus and relaunch safari and you should see ....... plus in your safari preferences.

once i did the above, my "f/t page speed" was much faster so it does appear that the ads were causing the slowdown