FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2018] Hilton Best Rate Guarantee or BRG
Old Dec 3, 2003, 9:30 pm
Toronto1970

Programs: United Premier 1K
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Altaflyer:
I love it!!

Just spent a few minutes on the phone with an agent who matched the expedia rate (well, almost - I wasn't going to argue over $5) and I will get a $50 US Amex gift cheque for my trouble after my one night stay at the Hampton Tropicana Las Vegas
</font>
Great catch! I'm going to be in Vegas next week, so I decided to book a couple of (non-consecutive) nights at the Hampton. One night was $75, while the other was $49 on Expedia. (both a little higher on hilton.com). I filled out the online guarantee form, and got responses back that the price was matched and that I would be receiving the Amex certificates. Adding tax and subtracting the $100 in Amex certificates, the two nights will cost me $35.16.

As these will count as my 3rd and 4th stays towards the ACAQ promo, I'll get 35,000 HHonors points. Not a bad deal!

Now I know I'll have to go to the hotel and actually check in. But do I have to wait until the next day to check out, or can I check out on the spot? Can I tell them that I don't even need to bother with keys, etc?

[This message has been edited by Toronto1970 (edited Dec 03, 2003).]