FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Integration update and Q&As
View Single Post
Old Sep 10, 2009, 9:09 am
Winkdaddy

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer
You are never going to get answers to direct questions asked of DL here, Jeff has obviously abdicated his FF posting role to SKYMILESINSIDER who just as obviously is going to continue the Jeff method of posting.

1. Appear once every 6-8 weeks.
2. For the most part tell us nothing that we don't already know
3. Insult our intelligence (a la the above post) by thinking that we can't figure out the spin!
4. Occasionally throw in a minor news nugget (shortly before it goes out to the entire SM population) in a sad attempt to make us feel like we have the inside track
5. Occasionally propose a "what if" scenario so that we can be there no cost focus group - they'll gauge the reaction here to see if they should run with it or kill it.
6. Disappear and refuse to engage in any 2 way dialogue.

This has been the most disappointing thing about Delta Skymiles and its management since Jeff first showed up here. He promised to have open, honest and meaningful 2 way conversation. This has never ever happened, hence his credibility is in the toilet in my eyes, the new guy is getting there fast.
I know I probably won't get an answer but couldnt help but to ask anyway. The award redemption issues on Delta.com is my number 1 problem with Delta

Also, I cannot stand how they compare Perkchoice with pay by miles. Its worse then comparing apples to oranges. I personally believe the real reason why they are eliminating Perkchoice has little to do with IT, and much more to do with Delta not wanting to offer one-way award ticket options...mainly because it would open up a massive pool of flyers who have less then 25k miles who could suddenly redeem. Not to mention they would have to overhaul the Delta.com award engine and make it actually work in order for Perkchoice to be implemented.