FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How do you pack your bras when you travel?
Old Sep 9, 2009, 6:45 pm
prncess674

Originally Posted by OzBarb
I think this may be the poster's personal opinion - just like mine, which is that it is the best technique for storing, packing or washing my bras. However, the last thing I need is lots of potentially flattenable padding, so the only bras I own that may be considered "augmented" are a couple of the "T-shirt" type, and they're fine after up to a year of having one cup fitted inside the other when they aren't on me. And all mine have underwires...

I have a nifty mesh pouch with a circular base and mounded top, about the same size as my bra cup. The bras survive fine in the washing machine on a normal wash inside it. Best purchase ever - I used to handwash them, which was a pain.
It isn't an opinion, almost all lingerie designers would tell you that turning a cup inside out stretches the fabric in the wrong direction. Think about a padded bra or a lined bra. Think about a two sided cup, the inner layer is smaller than the outer layer and if you invert it and stretch it inside out you are ruining the fabric and shape. At $50 to $100 per bra I am not going to stretch them out of shape. Also if a bra has seams you are turning one of those seams inside out and stretching it in a way it was never meant to be stretched. Perhaps if you wear a no wire, single fabric, no seam fabric bra it doesn't make a difference, but a well constructed bra will suffer under stretching it the wrong way.

The other thing to take into consideration is cup size. As some who is sporting a DD, turning out a DD is more significant than turning out an A.

Last edited by prncess674; Sep 9, 2009 at 6:55 pm