FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade success within the window from LAX to JFK
Old Sep 9, 2009, 1:12 pm
Ryan8925

Programs: DL DM, SPG Gold
Upgrade success within the window from LAX to JFK

I was wondering if everyone is still getting their upgrades within the 5 day window on these non-stop flights, especially after they announced the usage of the International configured 752 on this route. I have a flight coming up in a few days and have yet to clear. Not that this is anything unordinary, but the seat map still shows 14 unassigned FC seats and expert flyer inventory is showing C9 D9 S9 I9. I’ve been checking the upgradeable (X) inventory for the last several weeks religiously and never once saw (X) with any inventory. This goes for all 5 non-stop flights on this day, and for other days before and after my flight.

I completely understand that Delta would like to hold several FC seats in hopes of some last minute full fare first class passengers, but holding basically the entire front cabin until last minute gate upgrades seems a bit odd. I think this also compromises the Platinum/Gold/Silver status upgrading policies since a silver or gold medallion pax who was booked in a (T) fare missed their original flight for whatever reason could easily be rebooked on a later flight in (Y) fare and trump any platinum on a (B) or lower fare class on the upgrade list. I'm hoping that maybe my flight is an exception from the norm on the LAX-JFK flights and that most medallions are getting upgrades as usual in their designate windows if FC is looking wide open.