Old Sep 9, 09, 10:58 am
Evan!

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Originally Posted by dh01 View Post
Why should you be able to benefit from higher priority when you have not earned it? By that measure, the rules would not exist but would be made up on a case by case basis, which would then make upgrade priority a joke, don't you think?
Airlines grant status on a case-by-case basis often. A corp decision maker that enters into a contract with an airline will often be granted complimentary status on said airline. The idea of being granted status based on how many itins one already has booked with an airline is not "out there". The OP, IMO, had a valid question and I think he should try. What's the worst that could happen? "No." I just wanted to keep him from getting his hopes up. Rules are made to be broken and often are. A few years back I flew FLL>EWR R/T three weeks in a row and had 3 more booked for the upcoming month. CO offered me Silver status out of the blue even though I was nowhere near to reaching Silver status even after flying the remaining 3 more itins. I didn't even ask. They locked in my biz for the next year as I had many trips to the NYC & NJ areas. My company had no special relationship with CO. They were proactive.