Old Sep 9, 09, 3:45 am
friendlyplanet

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Visa on Arrival

I used www.myvietnamvisa.com to get a Visa on Arrival letter. I sent them my travel and passport details, and it took them 48 hours to issue me a letter. I paid $24, including credit card fees.

I had given them my flight details- looking at the letter again, it's good for an entry to Vietnam for up to 1 month after my original flight date.

I presented the Visa letter at the Visa on Arrival desk, and paid $25, and got a 1 entry, one month visa. They also do longer term visas as well.

I've got no affiliation with this site, but thought they did a good job with confirmations, turnaround time, etc. They also take credit cards (some of the sites don't), which I wanted, because I wanted to be able to dispute the charge if nothing came through.

Others have reported problems at departure because you don't have a visa in your passport. However, the letter you get looks very official, and plainly states that the Immigration Dept is granting you permission to enter Vietnam and pick up your visa on arrival. I didn't have any problem at the check in counter.

Friendly