FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Northwest frequent fliers lose upgrades on Alaska
Old Sep 8, 2009, 8:11 pm
hooverer

Programs: AA, WN & many Hotels... avoids UA like the plague!
Originally Posted by mersk862
...it's just another one of those Delta technology issues where the antiquated DL computer system can't handle PerkChoice (or award upgrades, or Alaska upgrades, etc.) at this time...
Tell me about it, last week was on an F award RT where three of the two legs were confirmed into F, however one leg was not available at booking. Talked to NW Plat line, they were perplexed however provided advice to check at various airport desks along the way which I did, as well as to watch for certin inventory to open up and to call back.

Essentially the non-upgraded portion would not be included in the regular upgrade sweeps. Ironicly had someone tell me that had the whole trip been booked as a coach award, the segments would have been included into the upgrade sweeps in the applicable rankings. Had a good coach seat so slept through the flight and chalked it up to a learning experience as well as chance to re-qualify for coach/exit row seating .

-H