FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta CS on Change Fee / Difference in fare
Old Sep 8, 2009, 10:09 am
Iflyer007

Sorry – I realize I was not being very clear. Here are the details again:

I purchased an original RT ticket to Istanbul for $825.92

I had to make a change to the return ticket, so I went to the airport on my originally scheduled departure date to reschedule my flight to leave the following day. (Same flight time, same route, just a day later.)

The “change fee” and “difference in fare” they were going to charge me to fly on the same flight the next day was $1400.

A NEW ticket on that exact same flight the next day was $876.48.

I purchased a new one way ticket for the $876.48 instead of paying the $1400 “change fee”. There was no credit on the unused portion of my original ticket since it was non refundable.

I just think it was crappy, and do not understand why the “difference in fare” wasn’t calculated off of the $876.48. (A new one way ticket home from Istanbul $876.48 - $825.92 the cost of my original ticket = $50.56) I would expect to pay $50.56 + the $150 change fee.

The agent said that the change fee was calculated off of a RT ticket, since that is what I had originally booked.

At any rate, I have contacted Delta and have had no success, but was looking to see if anyone knew of a direct route to get to a Customer Service supervisor or someone who might be able to refund me some of the money I was forced to pay (I think unfairly, and not in accordance with their terms and conditions).