FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Cheapest way to get to Cambodia?
View Single Post
Old Sep 7, 2009, 2:39 am
UAAAPeter

Programs: UA life 1K, 2MM; AA Life Pt 3mm; DL nada now!; AS nada now; BA, FD, CX, LH, DD, Amex Pt, Diners
I agree with Hiyo

BKK and then Air Asia - $25 fares at the moment. Going by road is a nightmare - especially for anyone doing it the first time.

Also - at least right now BKK is expensive for some reason but SGN is extremely cheap. You might go to SGN and then take a bus to Phnom Penh (I assume he is in PP). The bus ride is about 5 hours from SGN. Also you get to see SGN.

Many of the people on this forum (like me) are loyal to UA et al. That highly influences their travel. Some airlines will connect you straight into PNH. EVA Air for example I recall. If you don't care about the miles then this is the only way to do it. You'll lose two nights going via BKK or SGN because of the times they arrive (midnight) and leave (6am).

Go to itasoftware.com, sign up and then look for PNH fares. EG SFO-PNH Oct 22 to Nov 10 is $740 on China Airlines - all in. Nothing beats that. They are ok - they are horrible on bag allowances but the flights are fine and Taipei is a good place to connect in.