FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - specific question about Delta in ZRH - urgent
Old Sep 6, 2009, 9:52 am
jenniparks

Programs: DL:Diamond, United:1P, Continental: Plat, HH:Gold, SPG:Gold
specific question about Delta in ZRH - urgent

Is anyone reading this familiar with Delta operations at ZRH?

My passport and all identification and monies were stolen today at ZRH. I am schedule to fly home to US tomorrow afternoon. The ZRH police took a report, and issued me paperwork showing that I lost my passport. There is a line on the form where they can sign to verify they verified my identity with alternate id such as a drivers license but since that was stolen too they could not sign that for me. They said to check with Delta to see if Delta will let me on the plane with the form as is, and then i can just wrestle with immigration at JFK upon arrival. However, the Delta counters at ZRH are ALL CLOSED until tomorrow morning. I'd like to know *now* whether they are going to let me board the flight or not. And if not, will i have to buy a full fare walk up ticket to get home? which is impossible as i don't have that kind of money at all, and not even a credit card now to put it on since everything was stolen.

It was also recommended by the police that i go to the US consulate in Zurich tomorrow am first thing, but i just found out they are closed tomorrow for the US Labor day holiday. I don't know what to do. I am in tears and just have never had anything like this happen and it's terrifying. I have no money, no id, nothing, nothing.

The only good news is that the check-in rep at Renn zurich hotel feels so sorry for me that she upgraded me to a suite on the 4th floor, so at least i can eat snacks for meals in the lounge while i am trapped in the country.

Jenni