FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Tampa Airport Westshore {US-FL}
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2004, 7:04 pm
andrzej
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by se94583:
FWIW, the Doubletree, which is about 30 seconds away, is a far better property. I've stayed at both frequently, and prefer the Doubletree (and their exec lounge is better than the Hilton's in TPA).</font>

There really isn't any Hilton property near the airport worth any praises, but I agree with you on the DT Westshore. A notch or 2 better than the Hilton Westshore. Nice sports bar with late food, always treated well as Gold. The elevator is hard to find and a looong walk through the corridors. If anybody stays there, ask for courtyard (inside) view, as that will give you a balcony overlooking the pool. The street/parking side rooms are little bigger, but just a window. I live few miles down the road in Sarasota, but I use this property for a night before an early flight out of TPA or a late flight in. I also heard the other DT on the other side of the airport is even nicer, but their rates don't justify my overnight stays before an early flight. For longer stays it may be worth a look. It's newer and all the rooms are suites. There are 2 Hamptons as well in both locations. Again I've heard they have nicer rooms than the TPA Hilton. For the ultimate stay not far from the airport, try Hilton Garden Inn in Ybor City. It's about 8 miles away, but they do have a shuttle, you just have to call from the airport and wait few minutes. I usually call as soon as the plane has landed and it's not that much longer than the regular hotel shuttles. The location is great for some bar hopping and nice restaurants. The 2 times I've stayed there I got a suite as a Gold. Little harder to get upgraded and more expensive on weekends as it's a very popular place for the partiers in Ybor City.