FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Amex: spend $1600 by year’s end; double points in January*
Old Dec 9, 2003, 12:28 pm
Jassy-50

Programs: UA 2P (will be 0P next yr), HH Diamond (thank you Surpass Card!)
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Rut Dog:

Originally posted by NJUPINTHEAIR:
if you are not a HHonors Diamond, HHonors points are virtually worthless.</font>
For the sake of anyone new, I couldn't disagree more with this statement. I'm Gold, and use my points all the time.
I absolutely agree with Rut Dog. I am a Gold, and we use our points every year for one or more trips to Europe. With a GLON, we get 6 nights of free hotel (and European hotels can be very expensive). We have always been upgraded and always had access to the executive lounge (or breakfast coupons). If you have never been to an executive lounge in a European Hilton, I must tell you that they are (for the most part) far superior to executive lounges in the U.S. (free food most of the day, free alcoholic beverages, friendly staff). Even with the reward points inflation of this past year, I always have plenty of points from using the Hilton affinity credit cards, especially the AmEx which racks up 3 points per $ on non-Hilton expenses and 5 points on Hilton expenses. Between Hilton stays with points and upgrades with my airline of choice, my husband and I always have a very reasonable and very pleasant vacation each year.