FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transporting Excess Luggage on NW-ticketed international flight
Old Sep 4, 2009, 5:52 am
Erin.Norge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, SAS Eurobonus, United, Virgin Elevate
Transporting Excess Luggage on NW-ticketed international flight

I am moving from Europe to the US and am traveling with a NWA-ticket. The first flight is operated by KLM, and the second is likely to be a Delta-branded plane (it was last month - but with pilots still thanking us for flying NWA).

My question is about excess luggage. Whose rules must I follow when bringing excess bags?

KLM offers 30% off if one pays for excess luggage online before the flight, at Eur150 per piece. NWA does not - but their charge is $150, which is significantly less than the equivalent in Euro. Both charge by the piece concept for flights to North America. I somehow doubt I would be charged the dollar price when checking into a KLM flight in Norway though.

Finally, anyone have any recommendations on the best way to transport extra luggage from Norway to the US? Is excess luggage best or will I be messed about in immigration (having so much luggage?). I will be bringing mostly clothes, shoes, and a few books.

Thanks.