FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA announces fall double EQM promo. Others to follow?
Old Sep 3, 2009, 3:10 am
mike101

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion, AA Executive Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold VIP
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The above sounds like fiction and falls into the classification of revisionist history.

AA is doing the same kind of thing this year that it did in years before DL management made announcements about the 2010 Medallion program or did what it did to SkyMiles+WorldPerks this year.
fiction? lol.. Your use of words are quite amusing.. irregardless, this is at least the second time AA has done this promo this year alone.. yes it common for AA to make a 2 for 1 EQM promo.. but twice a year? Obviously it would need to do something to prevent customers from switching to Delta with all the hype surrounding the merger... did you expect anything else?

And don't get me wrong, I fly both AA and NWA/Delta and side with neither, in fact I prefer AAdvatage's redemption options, but this is clearly a good way to entice people to fly with them and keep AA competitive, whether it be directly in response to Delta or just a coincidental two-time promotion given the financial crisis and the need to encourage travel