FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Are there advantages to booking directly with Princess rather than an agency/site?
Old Sep 2, 2009, 6:08 pm
cruisr

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by stevens397
FWIW, I read this thread and used the link for cruisecompete. As I wrote in another thread, we are planning our first trip to Greece and our first cruise.

Three TAs have answered so far. The prices ranged from $16,000 to $28,000 per couple! BTW, the fares, directly from Silversea, were just over $7,000 per person or $14,000 per couple. That included a 60% discount and free airfare.

I guess the only conclusion is that if you use a TA, you better also do your homework! I was pretty stunned.
I would NOT use cruisecompete for a luxury product. The agents who are members of cruisecompete seem to specialize in the mass market. If you want a agent who does A LOT of business with a luxury line, go to that line's website and go the the "Find a Travel Agent" or Travel Agent locater. This will give you their top producing agencies which receive the best deals and have the most clout for their clients with the luxury lines.