FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - theWit Chicago - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel {US-IL}
Old Sep 1, 2009, 5:10 pm
N2IT

Programs: HH Diamond, USAir Silver, National Exec Elite
Just spent the weekend there

I really like The Wit. It is the place to be. My room was on the 19th floor with a so so view. I could see a slice of the lake and some the tops of buildings with beautiful architecture. The decor was nice overall, room new and clean. The bath soaps and lotions were nice and not LaSource or Neutrogena. I wish I would have read Beckles post about breakfast because I paid. The restaurant StateLake was good; at night it is hopping. I bought new gear just to hang out on the swanky rooftop (shallow). The rooftop is heated and offers spectacular views. I invited some friends who live in the city to join me and they enjoyed it a lot.

What is very irritating is the sound track (birds, crickets, roosters) that play in the hall at all hours or at least it seemed. I did not like hearing the roosters in the morning - a bit weird. That's not witty.

The hotel is the happening spot right now and there are always people milling about some fabulous and some not so much.

I would definitely stay here again.