FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NWA.Com Confusion
View Single Post
Old Sep 1, 2009, 3:17 pm
DaChief

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
NWA.Com Confusion

I am looking at booking a trip MCO to HEL via DTW (these are the flights that are available on my company travel website) early Oct and want to use a PU-503 to upgrade . I understand that I can search for "U" availability by selecting the Mileage Upgrade option. Since the DTW-AMS is the important flight to upgrade I put that in by itself for the search. I was offered upgradeable connections through Chicago, London, Washington etc but not the direct DTW-AMS flight. When I selected non-stop only, it told me no flights were available that matched my request. I just assumed no "U" availability. Just for kicks I put HEL as the destination vs. AMS and now the search shows every DTW-AMS flight on the days I want to travel have "U"availability. Any ideas why the direct DTW-AMS flights won't show this availability on the web site flight search? I guess I should probably call and verify "U" availability before I actually book one of these.