FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
Old Nov 10, 2003, 2:40 am
gpapadop

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
We are spending the last 6th night here tonight. FYI, me and Mrs. gpapadop are Gold. With us are a 6 year old and a 16 month old.

Some uptodate commentsfor those coming:

-Lagoon Tower still closed for "soft" renovations.
-No ocean views in Ocean Tower available at time of check in, given room at the Palace Tower and promised to call tomorrow morning to let me know of availability.
-Called to inform me no ocean views available, but partial views/golf course view available for similar room (king bed with pull out sofa). We took it. A little bigger room and now much closer to the lounge, quite happy with it. They called again to inform no ocean view the next morning. By that time, we did not care too much to move. No big deal for us, we hardly spend any time in the room anyway other than sleep and shower.
-Palace lounge for HH members still closed, given executive access lounge access keys to the Ocean Tower without having to ask.
-Many people make a big deal about the walking. I LOVED the walking, perfect distances for exercise in a VERY beautiful setting, I especially loved walking to the Spa to use the exercise rooms at 6 am
-6 year old LOVED the pools and the slides!
-Got champagne gift to our room (had showed them marriage license to prove 10 yr anniversary), very nice touch.
-Never ate here, we are not people who will spend this kind of money for food. Instead we loaded up on the lounge food. Breakfast was OK, nice coffee and the regular crappy carb crap...BUT plenty of fruits. Lunch had only cookies for food, kids ate them. Dinner was a pleasant surprise, they had mostly awesome chicken wings and lots of fresh veggies, we just ate our dinner here
-Hapuna Beach was awesome.
-The only bad thing about this place was the laundry experience, try not to have to do any here, it's sad.

Off to the volcano tomorrow for two days on the east part of the island.

For 100k this was one of the best vacations we ever had. for 175k, well we 'll think about it