FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anniversary Visit to Versailles/Paris -- dining, river cruise, etc. recommendations?
Old Aug 30, 2009, 3:31 pm
nicolas75
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by GramercyFCR
Due to my tableware obsession, hoping to squeeze in a visit to Baccarat and Hermes stores in Paris.
Do not miss Puiforcat (part, with Saint Louis, of Hermès group).

Rue Royale (just five minutes walk from Hermès) hosts most of the luxury tableware brands (Saint Louis, Christofle, Lalique, Bernardaud, ...)

Baccarat has a boutique place de la Madeleine (at the northern end of Rue Royale), but you must definitely visit the flagship store (La Maison Baccarat) designed by Philippe Starck, located 11, Place des Etats Unis (have a lunch at the superb Crystal Room by Guy Martin).

If you are short in time, Le Printemps departement store (building: Printemps de la Maison) has a very nice selection of leading luxury tableware brands. I must say I love this place!

Originally Posted by GramercyFCR
Any other recommendations for a romantic dinner spot in Versailles (doesn't necessarily need to be as fancy as the Gordon Ramsay restaurant)?
I am not quite sure that Versailles is the most exciting city to have (a romantic) dinner.

Pullman hotel (former Sofitel Versailles) has a very decent menu, but not exactly a romantic place.

Gordon Ramsay's La Véranda is not so expensive if you try the bistrot rather than gastonomique, serving a sophistica-rustique food (around EUR 80 without wine; the veal t-bone - for two - is delicious).