FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HEL Lounge! Asia Miles and Snoring in F!
View Single Post
Old Aug 30, 2009, 1:52 am
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Loud snoring is not the best example of manners if it is disturbing other passengers.

If someone knows they have a particular problem with snoring then they should take steps to ensure that disruption to other passengers is miniminsed.

In addition to the measures already outlined above - I have noticed a lot of people seem to snore while sleeping on their back. If this is case then they should change the position in which they sleep.

Just like you wouldn't go to the movies and talk, you shouldn't board a flight and snore loudly. And it doesn't matter which class you are travelling in. Why should someone have free reign to inconvenience other passengers just because they are in First (as has been suggested).

Big ^ to the OP for their consideration in staying awake. Earplugs do not always compensate for the noise - especially in the initial stages while someone is trying to get to sleep. (I once asked a passenger who was snoring particularly loudly to stay awake for 20 minutes while at least I could get to sleep. This seemed to be an ok compromise.)

regards

lme ff

Last edited by LHR/MEL/Europe FF; Aug 30, 2009 at 3:26 am Reason: spelling