FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2010 SkyMiles Benefits Mailer - If You Mention it Enough, It's Got to be True!
Old Aug 29, 2009, 3:31 pm
cmh flyer

Programs: DL PM, DL MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by raehl311
The platinum companion upgrade is being eliminated from the CURRENT Worldperks program.

PerkChoice is being eliminated from the CURRENT WorldPerks program.

For some period of time, upgrades on award tickets are being eliminated from the CURRENT WorldPerks program.

Ability to fly now for any flight that day anytime that day is being eliminated from the CURRENT WorldPerks program.
Oh, SHOOT! Somehow I missed that PerkChoice is being eliminated. There are so many benefit eliminations - it does make you realize how well we had it with the NWA program.

I liked to occasionally do the PerkChoice option to use miles one way, often WBC and purchase a fare the other way, so I could still earn some miles on a trip. I think I may send a TTU on this benefit being eliminated.

PerkChoice became more useful when Delta did away with reasonable NWA B & M TATL fares where you could buy a higher priced coach ticket, use miles to upgrade, but still earn EQMs.

Delta just keeps making it harder and harder in so many ways. Why would they eliminate this option?