FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Real experiences at the Palms Real World Suite?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 1:26 am
pbraincafe

Programs: UA 1P, AA GLD, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Thanks for everyone's comments and suggestions!

I realize that for $10K, one could get multiple SkyLofts, or exclusive suites at the Mansion, with much better service. But...
- A lot of these suites may have lots of square footage, but it seems to me they mostly have only 1 or 2 king beds. Not useful for a large group. Real World seems somewhat unique in having a lot of what appear to be smaller (but more plentiful) beds. A good combination for a group that is mostly singles.
- We're a relatively young group, and I'm hoping for a pretty rowdy vibe. Butlers would not be useful. I think I would better enjoy the pampering of SkyLofts, Mansion, Four Seasons, etc. for my 40th or 50th birthday...
- There's nothing quite like the communal shower stalls. It'll be like running my own youth hostel.
- There's also nothing like saying you have the Real World Suite to convince the eye candy at Moon to come up for an afterparty... ^

Mrp: Can you tell me a bit about your party? I see you are local, which probably explains the 100 guests. Did you also have catering, DJ, etc.? How large is that jacuzzi? Feel free to PM if you prefer. (My group will of course be smaller since we are traveling from out of town. Then again, if my friends and I have great success, perhaps we will wind up with 100 newly found friends!)

I must say that I DO like the idea of a private pool, so I will also investigate Palms Place penthouses. How far removed is Palms Place, though? I haven't set foot in Palms in years...