FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}
Old Oct 23, 2003, 10:17 am
MalNSF

Location: San Francisco, CA - UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Mariott Silver
Don't forget to checkout Northwest Portland. Pubs, Coffee Shops, window shopping, one of the best kite shops anywhere and much more. Plus you can stop in for a Big Jack Sandwich at the Blue Moon Pub on the corner of 21st and Glisan (A McMenamins Property). Take the #15 Bus up to 23rd St from Downtown. You can pay to go all the way up, or get off a 14th Street if it is nice and walk up a few block. Antoher fun neighborhood to check out is the Hawthorne District in SE Portland. Also a short bus ride away. As far as meals, if you want seafood (a little pricey), then check out Jake's, it is one of Portlands most famous seafood restaurants. It is near 10th and Stark if I remember right. Anyone will know. But for more fun, go to dinner in NW and check out Wildwood. Unbelievably good. If you want Italian, try the Tuscanny Grill. Those are either on 21st or 23rd around "O" or "T" - The streets north of Burnside (NW) are alphabetical. The #15 will take you there. Downtown you can walk down to the waterfront and eat good seafood at the McCormick & Schmidt restuarant on the riverwalk. Better yet, go before 6:00 or after 9:00 at the attached Pilnser Room and eat small servings from the menu for less than $3.00 a plate while drinking great microbrew beer and watching the river.

Good luck. It's my hometown and I truly must say, there is no place like home. And that says alot since I live in San Fran now.

Regards,
MalNSF