FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DISCUSSION for Hilton Honors Hotels in Oregon, USA {US-OR}
Old Oct 10, 2003, 6:05 am
LarryU

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tayd:
Doubletree Portland-Lloyd Center: "Net Direct Rates" is $84.60. My question is, is this hotel convenient [by TriMet] to some of the attractions and sights listed?

&lt;snip&gt;

HGI @ PDX: $81 lowest rate, under the "Bounceback Weekend" rate. Has complimentary airport shuttle, but I assume that there is no easy way to get to downtown short of renting a car or taking the shuttle back to the aiport and then take the TriMet?

Hampton @ PDX: $89 lowest rate; complimentary shuttle to airport.
</font>
The max station is across the street from the Doubletree Lloyd Center; it is part of fareless square and can be used to connect to other Trimet options.

Taking the PDX HGI shuttle to the airport in order to grab Max is very easy and straightforward. Ask the driver to drop you off at the farthest end of the terminal, near the Horizon area.

Another possible very low cost option is the Hampton Inn in Gresham. Although it is not an airport property per se and does not advertise a 24 hour airport shuttle, they do indeed offer shuttle service by prearrangement. As a Portland area resident, I have been using them for Park and Fly over the last few months and have been very satisfied with the rooms, the staff and the service. In fact, my car is resting comfortably there right now.

The best part is that their cheapest rates are $58.50 AAA but the downside is that one typically needs to notify the hotel about the date/time of the required shuttle service at least one day ahead. The shuttle service is provided by http://www.greshamareahotels.com/.