FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO37 EWR-MCO Food? (afternoon flight)
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2009, 3:07 pm
ssullivan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Diamond, B6 Mosaic, AS MPV Gold, UA Gold MM, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by bocastephen
I'd save the $600 and bring your own victuals on board to enjoy at your leisure. I love CO's soup and sandwich as much as the next guy, but it's not worth *that* much. If your flight is leaving outside the published meal hours or route length, just bring something on board. At least those pretzels are usually served with professionalism and a smile, which is more than I can say for some of the competition.

Plus I'd rather strip naked and swim in a giant pool of Continental's cheese soup before 'dining' again on the dried out "Michele Bernstein" crap that Delta served me in F on a recent transcon.

Continental Meals at Mealtime is still head and shoulders over what just about every other airline in the US serves on its domestic routes. Try asking for a second pack of cookies on jetBlue and see what happens to you.
DL's domestic F food is generally pretty bleah. I've had some salads recently that were decent, but then there was also the sandwich on FCA-ATL in F that had been stored in the coat closet on the 738 on the inbound ATL-FCA flight a few hours earlier.