FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CO37 EWR-MCO Food? (afternoon flight)
View Single Post
Old Aug 24, 2009, 11:53 am
TommyC80

Programs: UA Aluminum 0.6MM, Bonvoy Life Sentence, Hyatt Eliteist, AA Super Plutonium
Originally Posted by ssullivan
So every flight in F should get a meal, regardless of length, or time of day?
YES. If the plane has a first class cabin, the flight is long enough to serve some food. Something beyond a $0.10 bag of pretzels should be offered -- even just the cold snack plate
For the record, I've never seen those pretzels "thrown" at a passenger. are usually offered off a tray, with a beverage served in a real glass.
figuratively "thrown", not literally.

As for the "normal consumer," they're not in F. If they were, the ratio of F/Y seats would be the opposite of what it is.
Not talking about Y customers...

I fly in CO F all the time. It's extremely rare that I see someone complain about a lack of a meal on a 1.5-1.75 hour flight that's completely outside of normal mealtimes. And more often than not, the non-FT member "normal consumer" I see in domestic F is surprised when a meal is served on a flight of that length during a meal time.
Just because *you* haven't seen people complain doesn't mean they're not unhappy about it. You're one person and your experiences can hardly be considered representative of the whole. (that said, I realize mine are too)

Bottom line: If I pay $800+ for a ticket I expect to have the option of something more substantial than pretzels given to me....regardless of flight length. Maybe I eat it, maybe I don't, but the incremental cost isn't that much and it makes the airline look stingy by not doing so.