FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - And you thought liquid checks were bad....Here come powders
Old Aug 22, 2009, 11:42 am
AngryMiller

Programs: Holiday Inn Plat NW gold AA gold
Originally Posted by Bart
While I'm certain TSORon can speak for himself, I'll remind you that the policy was originally 3:1:1 until the metric system was brought into it. Since the overseas standard was 100 ml, TSA modified it to 3.4 ounces. The signage had already been published and disseminated. I guess, in order to be perfect according to your standards, TSA should have spent the extra money to put the ".4" on the signs. But to do as you suggest, unlike Ron, would be useless and unnecessary!
Nice try there Bart at explaining away the signage when TSA's own web site had documents with incorrect, misleading, and conflicting information. It doesn't take but a few minutes of proofreading to insure that the information is correct, consistent, before being posted to the web. It took months of people pointing out to blogdad Bob at PV the documents. TSA refused/neglected to do anything about those misleading documents.

Read the documents before you travel? Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Why do that when the documents are wrong?