FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Parker Méridien, New York City [Master Thread] - LEAVING JAN 4, 2018
Old Aug 20, 2009, 4:49 pm
thepla
Original Member

Location: Highland PArk,IL,USA -- AA Lifetime Platinum, IHG Plat, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Radisson Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
This was the absolute worst Starwood hotel stay I’ve ever been to, that is Starwood, anywhere, anytime. We arrived at 2:30pm and checked in. The agent was nice and told us a junior suite would be ready in ten minutes. I had an emergency for work and went into the lobby. There is no free internet in the lobby. I used my Sprint card and did some work.

An hour later we went to the desk and asked, the room was not ready but another one on a lower floor was. I did not care; we wanted to spend some time in NY walking around. The room we received was filthy. Water spots on the desk, dusk all over the place. I called downstairs and was told to come down. I was told no more junior suites. I asked for the manager and told him I did not want to stay here. I called the Sheraton Suites and Towers and they had a room. The manager said I would have to pay for the room because it was past the 3pm time to cancel. I could not believe him or his horrible attitude. This manager has no business in the business.
After complaining with the manager that he was now starting to ruin our little weekend (we were on a paid rate of $350/night), He miraculously found another junior suite (maybe because I had SPG Platium on line), where the heck was this 2 minutes ago, he outright lied.

I did check out the next day and went to the “W” on Lexington. Long story short, NEVER EVER think of staying at the Le Meridian. If this was my first Starwood stay, and I did not know how great a company they are, this would have been my last.

BTW the bed is horrible, room had no free internet.

Last edited by thepla; Aug 20, 2009 at 5:14 pm