Old Aug 18, 09, 1:05 am
Markus1301

My Friends,

I wrote the following letter to the Ambassador info email:
To whom it may concern,
As I have booked most of my stays with IHG Properties this year I would highly appreciate how long it will take me and if I have a chance in getting a Royal Ambassador Invitation.
I have a upcoming long term stay (15days) in Beijing where I plan to stay with the Intercontinental Beichen as I normally do, I'm considering in maintaining my Hyatt Diamond or Hilton Gold status this year. But If there will be a chance for me to get invited to the Royal Ambassador I would stick to my Intercontinental property in Beijing.
It is a pity that there is no statement how many nights one have to maintain with IHG (Intercontinental, Crown Plaza etc) properties to get invited.
I would highly appreciate any indication if I can reach the Royal Ambassador Invitation this year, it would be a pity to switch hotels to another group because of the nescience if I can reach this status.
Hopefully you can understand my way of thinking and can help me in making the "right" decision.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Than I have received the following email:
Dear Mr. Markus1301,
Thank you for taking the time to contact the InterContinental Ambassador Service Center.
We highly appreciate your undaunted loyalty to our hotels and to the Ambassador program, Mr. Markus1301. Our valued members like you enable us to consistently provide quality service and develop our programs to suit your needs.
We wish to inform you that the Royal Ambassador status is systematically extended by invitation only to the top one percent tier of InterContinental Ambassador guests, based on the number of InterContinental properties they have visited and qualifying nights they have completed during the past year.
Unfortunately, there are no specific number of nights that determine how a member may maintain Royal Ambassador status, as it depends entirely on the total number of nights acquired by the top one percent tier of Ambassador guests.
At this time, we are unable to offer you Royal Ambassador status. Nevertheless, rest assured that we will be monitoring your InterContinental activity very closely, and it is our sincere hope that we will have the opportunity to offer you Royal Ambassador status in the future.
For more information regarding the Ambassador membership, you may log on to our web site at http://www.intercontinental.com/ambassador.
We truly appreciate your continuous support to InterContinental Hotels and Resorts, Mr. Markus1301Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service to you. Please call us at +44 (0) 870 400 9099 / 1 888 211 7996 should you need further assistance and we look forward to the continued pleasure of being of service to you.

Sincerely,
Than I have asked more precisely:
Dear Mr. XXXX,
thank you for your email.
Now I'm wondering if Intercontinental Hotel nights are counting to the Royal Ambassador status only or also Crown Plaza nights. Because I'm sometimes staying at places where Crown Plaza Hotels are only. Please let me know if this is the fact and Crown Plaza and Holiday Inn nights are also counting to this status!
Thank you for your kind help.
Answer was:
Dear Mr. Markus1301,
Thank you for the e-mail.
We would like to inform you that only the frequency of stays made at the InterContinental Hotels will count towards achieving the Royal Ambassador status.
In this regard, we suggest to increase your stays at an InterContinental Hotel for your account to qualify for the Royal Ambassador status.
Should you have further concerns, please feel free to get in touch with our office directly.

Sincerely,
I guess no CP or HI or HIX nights are counting towards the RA.

Markus1301