FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The dumbest travel-related mistake you ever made?
Old Aug 10, 2009, 1:29 am
Airline_Brat

Originally Posted by Policypeddler
tfar said he/she went to airport one day early. I digress and go off subject...I had a friend who prepped for a colonoscopy. Next day went to hospital and was told he was a day early. Hilarious!
I'm a nurse in a surgery center that does a whole lotta colonoscopies. You'd be surprised how many times that has happened over the years. We would squeeze them into the schedule if at all possible, often the doc was able to come to do the case even if it wasn't his normal day to be at the center.

My travel mistake story: Several years ago a good friend and I took a Mediterranean cruise. Our last stop was Barcelona. The night before our flight back home to MIA I set my travel alarm clock with plenty of time to get ready in the morning, double & triple checked I had set the right time. The next thing we know the front desk is calling that our car to the airport was there waiting for us! I had never actually turned the alarm on! We had to jump up and practically run out of there to make it to the airport in time. No time for showers or anything before our long flight from BCN-MIA.

This was not nearly as bad as what happened to a couple of ladies on that same cruise. These 2 ladies were always wandering away from the group on shore excursions, and constantly late back at the meet up point after free time, always holding everyone up. Our day in Rome they didn't make it to the bus, so missed their ride back to the port (90 min. drive!). They talked some other tour group into driving them back to port just in time to see our ship sailing away, and that was with our ship leaving over an hour late for other reasons. They had to get a cab back to Rome, maxed out their credit cards getting a hotel for the night and a flight to our next port. And the one lady had been bragging about being a travel agent the whole trip. You'd think she'd know better!

Last edited by Airline_Brat; Aug 10, 2009 at 1:49 am