FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rolling VIP Tier Qualification, Now Terminated: The Definitive Thread
Old Jun 29, 2003, 7:52 pm
semjeito

Programs: AA EXP (3 MM miles), UA Prem Ex, AS MVP, HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by g8rjeff:
Hello to everyone... longtime lurker... first time poster...

I'm aware that earning elite status is typically based on calendar year (1/1/2003 thru 12/31/2003) activity. However, has anyone convinced HHonors Customer Service to bestow Diamond status for the required number of stays/nights during a rolling 12-month period (7/1/2002 thru 6/30/2003, for example)?
</font>
I managed to move from Gold (I obtained this via AA EXP comp) to Diamond in 2 months thanks to some sort of fast track they enrolled me in based on my many years being an SPG Plat. The trick was to get at least 20 nights or 10 stays over a 90 day period. I got the nights in 2 months. Just received my Diamond card.

Interestingly the expiration date is April 2005 however, the letter that came in the package states right at the bottom in the PS that to retain Diamond status past Dec 2003, I need to qualify based on stays, nights or points like every one else.