View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 09, 2:24 am
luxury

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG
Originally Posted by NoY View Post
IME no, it's not a gimmick . Yes, presentation is a key feature, as it indeed should be in F. If only certain other cariiers did at least pay attention to this . The GF sky chefs do prepare some items from scratch - fresh eggs, any style, cooked to order? Yes, on GF but certainly not on at least some of the carriers you mentioned above! That's just one example. They are also very good at mixing and matching various elements from various appetizers and main courses to customise what you may require. Ms. NoY is a somewhat "fussy" eater and she LOVES the sky chef service on GF First for this very reason. It's airplane food yes, but the sky chefs makes it much less so IMHO

Oh, BTW nice report DLATL777!
+1. I enjoyed GF F from BKK-BAH-KUL in the old F seats. I had booked BKK-KUL but that route was cancelled by GF and we were re-routed on that circuitous route. The cabin was practically empty and the Sky Chef customised much of the F menu for me and my best friend. Saved us a hotel night and we were wined and dined very nicely, in the air and in the Lounge at BAH.