FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Aug 7, 2009, 10:35 am
formeraa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by svasandani
No I did not purchase travel insurance.

Well everybody has a diff perspective on what is acceptable. For me, this was the first cruise for the whole family and we had spent a lot of money for the whole vacation and planning the trip for months. It definitely was a huge disappointment e.g. my wife complaining about no clothes or cosmetics, no night dress to wear for anybody, no swimming costumes for the kids, having to laundry everyday, no shorts or tshirts to relax in, spending hours trying to find reasonable priced clothing (everything was in the $50 - $100 ranges, shaving with disposable razors, spending hours on the phone with AA and Cruise line people instead of enjoying the trip etc. I could go on and on...

Having spent over $5K, this was no way to have a relaxing and fun vacation. Who knows when we will take the next cruise.
I understand that vacations are expensive for large families. However, I really urge you to look into travel insurance from a travel insurance company (not the airline) in the future. A number of incidents (such as lost luggage, medical expenses, trips cancelled due to illness, etc) can and do happen. I would just suggest doing the research now for your next trip.